Starting in January 2018, cancer registries will implement the new staging standards as outlined in the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 8th Edition. The manual presents evidence-based criteria for the staging of cancer for a number of anatomic disease sites. The changes reflect the significant impact of prognostic variables that clinicians have long recognized as important in determining prognosis and therapy. Aatur Singhi, MD, PhD, PhD will highlight many of the changes that affect the work done by cancer registrars on a daily basis.
- Discuss the occurance of neuroendocrine tumors, especially in the pancreas
- Explain the 8th Edition changes to the definitions of primary tumor and distant metastasis and the AJCC prognostic stage groups
- Discuss the new 8th Edition rules for registry collection variables for neuroendocrine tumors
Next Steps After Purchase
- After enrolling in this learning module, go to My Learning Activities. The activity will automatically load under Enrollments on that page.
- Complete all sections of the activity and claim CE credit.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|2017-124||1 CE||from December 11, 2017|