Starting in January 2018, cancer registries will implement the new staging standards as outlined in the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 8th Edition. The manual presents evidence-based criteria for the staging of cancer for a number of anatomic disease sites. The changes reflect the significant impact of prognostic variables that clinicians have long recognized as important in determining prognosis and therapy. Michelle Williams, MD will highlight many of the changes that affect the work done by cancer registrars on a daily basis.
- Discuss thyroid and parathyroid anatomy critical to ensure accurate staging.
- Explain the changes in the AJCC 8th Edition approach to staging.
- Identify the new AJCC 8th Edition Staging rules for registry collection variables for the sites of thyroid and parathyroid.
Next Steps After Purchase
- After enrolling in this learning module, go to My Learning Activities. The activity will automatically load under Enrollments on that page.
- Complete all sections of the activity and claim CE credit.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|2017-117||1 CE||September 15, 2017 - September 13, 2020|